Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Faithful and Obedient

Picked up and read Genesis 22 again today.
I asked the Lord to illuminate anything that I needed to see or hear...
Sure enough, right away, the Lord spoke.

The very first verse in Genesis 22 is: "Later on God tested Abraham's faith and obedience."
Then the Lord spoke to me and said: "You are in a time of testing."
Ya know what? That makes sense. Lately things have been coming up and temptations have been coming out of no where. Things that I have dealt with in the past seem to be jumping out around corners and waving it's arms in my face saying; "Over here, over here!!"
I continue to put up my fists and fight yet I have to keep on throwing punches. It gets tiring I might add!

So as soon as I read this first verse in Genesis 22, I related. I'm in a time where God wants me to hold up strong against this time of testing. My faith and obedience is being tested. I want to come out on top and then some... like on mountainTOP, ha.

Ah yes, and to add to this, the type of testing Abraham went through was-- God asked for a BIG HUGE sacrifice. He didn't just say "Sacrifice that extra big bird over there." The Lord asked for Abraham's son! Geesh, that is a huge sacrifice, yet Abraham stood strong through it and did what the Lord asked-- up until God let Isaac off the hook. Abraham was tested and proved to be faithful and obedient. Then God blessed Abraham big time.

Hum, so I am in a place of testing-- and in that testing God is asking for some sacrifices.
I want to come out faithful and obedient to my Lord.

Deep Peace.

No comments: