Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hope Above.

I usually end my time with the Lord in the morning by reading a Psalm.
I read Psalm 42 this morning and looked forward into Psalm 43.
It is quite interesting to see that in Psalm 42 the Psalmist says this over twice:

"Why am I discouraged?
Why so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again--
my Savior and my God!"
(Psalm 42:5-6 / Psalm 42:11)

Then again the Psalmist repeats it again at the end of Psalm 43:

"Why am I discouraged?
Why so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again--
my Savior and my God!"
(43:5)

I look at this and think that this was the writer reminding himself of the Lord's goodness to pull himself out of a rough time.
Rather than sitting in depression, doubt, worry, anxiety-- the psalmist writes this over and over to remind his spirit of the Lord's goodness and how he should respond in times of trouble. I picture the psalmist starting of with a small voice saying this over and over-- and then ending in a victorious SHOUT!

It encourages me to do the same in my rough spots-- because the Lord is good. May our spirit's arise in praise in times of sadness and discouragement.

Deep Peace.

No comments: